2019 Vendors & Exhibitors
Conservation & Recycling
- ACWA (Antietam Conocogheague Watershed Association) www.acwamaryland.org – Information about local organization working to restore and protect creeks through activities such as tree plantings, trash removal and erosion control methods.
- Boonsboro Free Library www.washcolibrary.org – Display of resource material relating to Eco-friendly practices and projects. Handouts include flyers and brochures.
- The Monarch Alliance www.themonarchalliance.org – Local organization educates area residents about the life cycle of the Monarch butterfly, on the threats to its spectacular migration and how to help by planting butterfly gardens, including milkweed which is native to the region. Selling t-shirts and bags.
- Potomac Valley Audubon Society www.potomacaudubon.org – Information about environmental programs, including backyard habitats and nature reserves, and educational program such as camps and workshops. Offered to members from Washington County and the three eastern-most counties of West Virginia. Giveaways include decals, brochures and stickers.
- Sierra Club – Maryland, Catoctin Group Sierra Club www.maryland.sierraclub.org – Information about environmental issues and outdoor activities in Carroll, Frederick and Washington counties. Meetings are the first Saturday of each month.
- Washington County Soil Conservation District www.conservationplace.com – Learn about the function and the operations of this agency and how it can be of assistance to both agricultural and urban communities. Giveaways include kids activity books, conservation tattoos and animal erasers.
- Munro Properties www.energysavemd-home.com – Contractor for Potomac Edison’s energy efficiency program which includes free home energy checkups. Sign up for no-cost energy saving light bulbs, shower heads, aerators, water heater pipe wrap and power strip.
Sustainable Agriculture & Gardening
- American Chestnut Foundation, Maryland Chapter www.mdtacf.org – Chapter working to restore the magnificent American chestnut tree in Maryland forests. Giving away chestnut seedlings. Members have planted thousands of trees, including 20 orchards, which sequester carbon and help fight climate change.
- Arleen’s Succulents email – Home grown succulent plants nurtured with composted soil and rain water and presented in recycled containers.
- Cool Hollow Flower Farm email – Locally grown, rare native plants will be sold. Varieties include trillium, camassia, grass of Parnassus, native ferns and Cardinal lobelia. Also, cut flowers will be available.
- Linda’s Leaves www.lindasleaves.com – Concrete casts of leaves and other items made into bird baths, tables and decorations. Also sell solar fountains that float in bird baths, as well as original creations including wall hangings, whimsical masks of animal heads and flower pots.
- Mar-Lu View Nursery & Landscaping www.marluview.com – Selling flowers, herbs and succulents grown with the organic gardening method. Also, information available on gardening and nature classes and workshops, especially for youngsters. Giving away small, potted flowers.
- Megan Webber’s Plants & Herbs www.webberflowers.wordpress.com – Locally grown annual and perennial plants and herbs, and plants to attract hummingbirds and butterflies, including milkweeds for Monarch caterpillars and salvias for hummingbirds.
- Native Mountain Farm www.nativemountainfarm.com – Cut flowers grown without chemical fertilizers or pesticides. Also selling potted seedling flowers and spring flowers.
- Seedlings & Crafty Stuff email – Locally grown seedlings typically found in the Mid-Atlantic. Also crafts made with scraps or recycled materials.
- Succulents by Jess email – Locally grown succulents in planters made from antiques metal filters, cook wear and antique metal medicine bottles.
- Washington County Master Gardeners – University of Maryland Extension email – Master Gardeners teach bay-wise, smart, sustainable gardening techniques that build healthier gardens and communities. Giving away brochures and bookmarks.
- Armel Woodcrafts email – Turned wooden bowls, pens, bottle stoppers, twisted canes and walking sticks.
- Becky’s Pillow Shop www.beckyspillowshop.etsy.com – Upcycled aprons made from tea towels, old jeans and old shirts, bags from skirts, pillows out of placemats, pillow cases, and bookmarks out of scrap fabrics.
- Brown’s Wood Stuff www.brownswoodstuff.com – Handcrafted wood crafts made with reclaimed wood, when possible, including wine table/bar, tables, hanging wall art, mirrors, wine caddies and bottle openers. Some items made from old items found at auctions, yard sales and junk sites.
- Chestnut’s Beeswax Wraps www.lisakavatch.bigcartel.com – All-natural, eco-friendly, reusable alternative to plastic wrap and baggies. Food wraps made of 100 per cent pure beeswax, cotton, piňon pine rosin and organic jojoba oil.
- Created for a Purpose email – Decorative pillows and wine bottle gift sleeves made from men’s shirts. All profits are donated to charity.
- Cumberland Valley Woodworking www.cumberlandvalleywoodworking.com – Produce benches, cutting boards, coasters, stands and other woodworking pieces. For every $500 of sales, the business plants a tree to restore, replenish and provide for our planet.
- Flip the Switch Studio www.fliptheswitchstudio.com – Artistic switch plate covers designed from standard metal plates. Giveaways for children.
- Gifts Galore email – Hand-painted, old teapots, coffee pots and wood items, and handmade purses, aprons and bowl cozies.
- Heather K Crafts www.facebook.com/HeatherKCrafts – Handmade, up-cycled beer wall art, coasters and magnets. Also selling shadow boxes.
- HenryDesign www.henrydesignshop.com – Farmhouse decor made from old barn wood, including signs, flower boxes, horseshoe flowers and jewelry.
- Kyle’s Custom Woodworking email – Reclaimed wood used in the crafting of cutting boards and pallet American flags.
- Marsh Farm Designs www.designsbymarshfarm.com – Handcrafted art and toys made from sustainable, recycled, locally sourced materials.
- Myers Barn Shop/Country Charm Accents email – Composting toilets and garden composters, plus all-natural handcrafted herbal flax seed, hot and cold neck wraps and eye pillows.
- Norwex www.sharontyler.norwex.biz – All natural house cleaning products. Learn how to clean with micro-fiber cloths and water only, no chemicals.
- Nusbaum Wood Crafts email – Hand-crafted wood items, including foot stools, step stools, benches and shelves using reclaimed, scrap and upcycled wood.
- Pete’s Hankies email – Hankies and napkins fashioned in small batches, hand dyed and screen printed. These reusable products help to reduce dependence on paper products.
- Sherm’s Designer Woods email – Hand-turned wood bowls and artistic pieces. Also pizza cutters, ice cream scoops, ornaments, razor handles, bottle openers and pepper grinders.
- Sleepy Hollow Lights email – Upcycled metal cans made into tin lanterns and planters.
- Solar Sisters email – Unique solar lights handcrafted from repurposed and new materials. Also selling handcrafted dichroic glass pendants and wire wrapped jewelry. (Dichroic glass displays two colors by undergoing a color change in different lighting.)
- Sterling Quality Water email – Water treatment company selling treatment equipment, especially reverse osmosis systems.
- The Real Diehl Workshop email – Repurposed glass bottles fitted with lights, plus woodworking items.
- Blessed with Baby www.blessedwithbaby.com – Reusable cloth diapers and other baby items.
- Tri-State Astronomers www.tristateastronomers.org – Solar telescope available so youngsters can safely view sun spots, flares and prominences. Learn about the sun and talk with amateur astronomers about astronomy and telescopes. Giveaways include literature and solar sunglasses.
- Artpoptart www.artpoptart.com – Handmade collage art upcycled from magazines in addition to original art, prints and greeting cards.
- Avant-Garden Pottery email – Pottery for floral design and garden.
- Diana Shutt Designs www.dianashutt.com – Hand-painted upcycled ornaments, vases and candle holders made from old ornaments, bud vases, children’s yogurt containers and glass bottles.
- Dream Sister Studio www.dreamsisterstudio.com – Handcrafted ceramic wall art, bowls, inspirational plaques and Spirit tree. Portion of proceeds go to Tree Sisters, a global network of women who donate funds for the restoration of the tropical forests.
- Gmajanisew Etsy – Selling recycled and up-cycled items. Purses and paper flowers made from books, boasters made from board games, ornaments made from shotgun shells, and lawn flowers made from scrap metal, plus jewelry.
- Green Burial Association of Maryland www.greenburialmaryland.org – Information provided on green and natural burials, including how to arrange services for you or your family member.
- Hennamorphosis www.hennamorphosis.com – Custom freehand henna body art using all-natural henna paste, made from the henna plant that produces a dye called lawsone which creates a natural stain on the hair, skin and nails. All-natural henna used. Application takes up to 15 minutes and lasts one to two weeks.
- Knotty By Nature www.knottybynature.net – Wood bowls sourced from local trees already downed by arborists or fallen in storms, never cut down for the sole purpose of creating wood turnings.
- Live Free & Sew www.instagram.com/livefreeandsew – Reusable items, such as snack bags, compact totes, kids totes and zipper pouches, made from curtains, table runners, and pillow cases. Also make stuffed animals and baby quilts.
- Magic Moon Mavis Studio www.magicmoonmavisstudio.com – Jewelry created using recycle and/or reclaimed materials, such as china, wood, paper and textiles.
- MOM’s Organic Market www.momsorganicmarket.com – Promoting Frederick food store which leads by example by collecting for Terracycle recyclable packaging materials of many products, including baby food squeeze pouches, foil-lined chip bags and granola bar wrappers, and hair and skin care/cosmetic packaging (such as shampoo and conditioner bottles and caps, lotion bottle, tubes and plastic jars, lipstick/gloss cases, empty toothpaste tubes and toothbrushes) and natural corks. Giveaways: apples and reusable bags.
- (The) Moonshine Forge Email – Recycled scrap metal and leftovers are used in blacksmithing to create decorative and functional metalwork products, such as hooks, knives, metal art and some jewelry.
- My Treehouse Studio www.mytreehousestudio.com – Home accessories and jewelry made from recycled glass bottles, stained glass scrap and glass from windows. Items include wind chimes, serving pieces, bird feeders and sun catchers.
- Naturally. Photography and More www.etsy.com– Nature photography prints, plus reusable crocheted household items and crocheted clothing.
- Old Coyote LLC email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Salves, balms and soaps made with sustainable oils, recycles vegetable oil and purified rain water, with all natural colorants and scents from spices, clays, herbs and essential oils. Also, sell handcrafted art quilts made from found objects, such as sticks, rocks and repurposed fabrics.
- Sarah’s Stitches www.ecofamilygoods.com – Homemade environmentally friendly family goods, such as web bags, snack bags and knitting bags.
- RAW Designs LLC email – R-A-W stands for “Repurposed Art Wearables” and offers unique jewelry and decor items. Repurposes vintage and unique items to create interesting and fun pieces of wearable and display art.
- Ten Thousand Villages www.tenthousandvillages.com/hagerstown – Fair trade repurposed and recycled merchandise sold by this locally owned and operated non-profit store in Hagerstown. Artisan partners from across the globe use environmentally friendly processes, sustainable natural resources and recycled materials. Items for sale include home decor, gifts, coffee, tea and chocolate.
- The Silver Kat www.etsy.com/shopthesilverkat – Jewelry and accessories from recycled and vintage materials.
- Wireworks Stones & Crystals www.facebook.com/wireworksmb – Handmade wire wrapped jewelry and accessories using stones and crystals, using recycles material.
- Tesla Exhibit by Sheldon Cheney email – Tesla automobile owner displays his vehicle to promote battery/electric cars and explains why people should consider driving them. Tesla automobile and environmental literature available.
- Younger Motorcars www.youngercars.com – Displaying Toyotas Hybrids, Mitsubishi PHEV and Volvo Hybrid. Handouts include eco-friendly pens, brochures and vehicle information.
Health & Wellness
- Buffalo Beauty email – Homemade, organic soaps, bath bombs and lotions.
- Cedar Ridge Soaps www.cedarridgesoaps.com – Handcrafted soaps and other body care and home products: body butters and mists, lip balms and glosses, lotions, skin and beard care products, soap dishes and nets, and air fresheners. Products made with eco-friendly ingredients, including sustainably grown palm oil and packed in recyclable containers with no extraneous packaging.
- Cedarwood Soap www.cedarwoodsoap.com – Handmade soaps, bath bombs and lotion bars made with natural coloring, essential oils, homegrown botanicals and locally-sourced beeswax, with no artificial dyes or synthetic fragrance oils. Also sell soap dishes and bags.
- The Cottage of Herbs www.cottageofherbs.com – Selling all natural, homegrown (using organic practices) gourmet herb products, including herb and spice blends, dry rubs, herb vinegars and herb teas. Products are salt-free, sugar-free, preservatives-free, gluten-free, and non-GMO.
- Cutler Tigh Farm email – All natural body care products, including scrubs, balms, salves, aluminum-free deodorant, sprays and oils. Farm raises and hand-milks American Alpine goats, using the raw milk in the soaps.
- dóTerra Essential Oils email – Essential oils and natural wellness products. dóTerra uses sourcing initiatives for sustainability of plants and ethical treatment of growers. Giveaways.
- Eckankar email – “Discover HU – An Edge for Health” display with free literature about HU, the secret name of God. The HU song will uplift and strengthen a person in wisdom and awareness. Giveaways.
- HempWorx www.justleep.com – Products to help humans and pets ease ailments, such as sleeping disorder and pain, including oils, relief run, moisturizers, keto coffee and creamers, pet treats and sample packs.
- Miles of Moisture www.milesofmoisture.com – Vegan, all-natural cosmetic company, selling moisturizers, sugar scrubs, baths salts, hair enhancers, deodorants, bath bombs, body oils, exfoliating bars and castile soap.
- Nature’s Best by Michelle email – Homemade lotions, soaps, deodorants, lip balms, paw balms and sugar scrub bars made with all natural ingredients and essential oils.
- Peaceful Glen Metaphysical Solutions email – Tarot card readings for entertainment and chair Reiki for relaxation and stress reduction.
- Rocky Bottom Farm email – Goat milk soaps and lotion, fairy dolls and ornaments, sedum/succulent plants in “green” containers, and Kokedama balls. Also, customers can make their own planter at the special planter bar.
- Shepherdstown Area Vegan Meetup & Hagerstown Vegan Meetup email & website – Literature advocating veganism, which has been called the most eco-friendly thing a person can do to help the environment.
- Wild Rose Soap Co. www.mywildrosesoap.com – Handmade cold process soaps, using sustainable locally sourced, biodegradable ingredients, including rain water, mountain herbs and essential oils. Samples of soaps and lotions available.
- Alex Rossino (author) www.alexanderrossino.com – Selling own Civil War novel produced on biodegradable paper.
- Blue Ridge Creations http://www.etsy.com – Original handcrafted jewelry with upcycled jewel box or satchel. Also selling Grandma’s recipe fudge with a variety of ingredients.
- Lovebug Creations email – Wooden crafts and signs made with repurposed barn wood and cabinet doors.
- San Mar Treatment Foster Care www.sanmarhome.org – Learn about the local foster care program which serves youth ages 0-21 years. The program includes teaching life-skill classes to the teens in their care.
- Savage Fish Suds www.savagefishsuds.com – Locally handcrafted bath and body products made in small batches, using ingredients which are FDA approved. Surfactant used for foaming is derived from coconut and palm oils. Business in the process of developing starch packing peanuts and biodegradable packaging.
- Talon Studio www.talonstudiotattoo.com – Artwork and jewelry created with found or upcycled materials. Also promoting creative tattooing and permanent cosmetics offered by the local tattoo business, which also houses a small art gallery. Free face painting for all ages.
- Tomorrow’s Promise www.tomorrowspromise.org – Provide a recycled pet service, finding homes and shelters for unwanted pets. Also provide information about how to lessen the environmental impact the animals have in the home.
Food & Refreshments
- Baked Goods Tiny Chef email – Homemade baked goods prepared and sold by Boonsboro Middle School students, exclusively for Green Fest.
- Botani Cuisine www.botanicuisine.com – Plant-based “meats” and “cheeses” and beverages, plus reusable, biodegradable water bottles. Food samples and literature giveaways.
- Cultured Leaf Kombucha www.culturedleaf.com – Raw, living micro-brewed Kombucha.
- Gap Foods (food cart) email – Loaded baked potatoes with toppings: butter, sour cream, bacon, cheese, chives, and chili. Plus pulled pork sandwiches, soup, chili, chips.
- Mt. Nebo Methodist Church www.mtneboumc.com – Soft ice cream (chocolate and vanilla) and brownies.
- Pleasant Valley Ruritan www.pvruritans.wordpress.com – Breakfast sandwiches, hamburgers and sweet potato fries, onion rings, coffee and sun tea.
- St. Catherine Eastern Orthodox Church www.saintcatherineorthodoxchurch.org – Variety of Greek food items, including Greek salad, marinated chicken with tzatziki sauce, hummus, dolmades, hot dogs and baklava, plus homemade lemonade and baked goods.
- The Sweet Farm www.thesweetfarm.com – Homemade kraut and sausage, pickles, and ginger beer.
- Tiffany’s Oven email – Serving all-vegan cuisine.
- Vesta Pizzeria & Family Restaurant www.vestapizza.com – Pizza and other Italian-American fare.
- Wellness Warriors www.facebook.com/wellnesswarriorspopup – Vegan organic and non-GMO foods, including real fruit smoothies, Buffalo chickpea dip, Hawaiian kabobs, veggie quinoa, and stir fry.
Recycling & Collection Zone
- Horizon Goodwill Industries email – Collecting clothing, computers and furniture.
- Yuck Old Paint www.yuckoldpaint.com – Collecting old latex paint in quart, gallon and five-gallon sizes. Business charges $5 per container.